This latest creation has been made by a modern day Martha, my sister, Colleen. Well, she’s a lot more hip than her, but you get the idea.
It all started when she gave a friend of ours a bottle of wine for their 25th wedding anniversary. She wanted them to be able to have a little memento from the evening. After the bottle was empty, I sneaked the cork in my purse(it’s not stealing, because she got it back!). From there my sister worked her brilliance! The couple she was making it for love two things in life, wine and gardening. (yes in that order, jk!) That’s when she remembered being inspired by a photo from Piccsy. A mini cork succulent planter magnet. Does it get any cuter? I don’t think so! It’s sentimental, compact, practical, green and stylish.
- Corks made from cork not plastic
- Potting soil
- Very small succulent cuttings
- Paring knife
- Glue gun
- CAREFULLY, hollow out the center of a wine cork with the puncher and knife until you’ve hollowed it out halfway.
- Glue magnet onto cork.
- Fill the hole with potting soil and add the succulent.
- Use an eyedropper to water.
- Put on your fridge and enjoy!
WARNING: This might not be a craft for a child or a clumsy adult!
- Hostess gifts
- Special occasions
- Wine lovers
- Green lovers
- Thank you gifts
- Green thumb friends
- really, anyone!