How to Make Melted Record Bowls
- Pre-heat your oven to 225f.
- IMPORTANT: Make sure the kitchen is well ventilated. Open windows and turn fans on.
- Take a heat/oven proof bowl and place it upside down on a cookie sheet.
- Center the vinyl record on top of the bowl. Place a small oven/heat proof plate on top of center to hold it in place.
- Carefully place the cookie sheet it oven. DO NOT WALK AWAY. Stay and look at it every 2 minutes until it has “flopped”. This can take anywhere from 4–8 minutes depending on your oven.
- Once it has flopped, removed from the oven immediately. Using oven mitts, you will have “seconds” to adjust the form of the bowl to your liking. You can do this by placing the record in another bowl or you can hand mold it. Often the natural flopping shape is perfect and no re-shaping is necessary.
- Let it cool for 10–15 minutes and then ENJOY!