My latest addiction is the Orange Dream Machine smoothie. Until recently, I was at the mercy of Jamba Juice to get my daily fix. Since I’ve become the happy recipient of a new Blendtec, I can now make my own. (okay, I confess, my son can now make me them, haha)
There has been a lot of trial and error to get this smoothie perfected to the point that I like it just as much as the original Orange Dream Machine at Jamba Juice. My recipe is for using a Blendtec. However, I think you can get the same flavor profiles with a regular kitchen blender. You might need to adjust the juice or ice amounts depending on if it’s turning out to too thick or thin.
Ingredients: (makes 2 large smoothies)
- 1 cup orange juice (fresh squeezed is better but not mandatory)
- ½ cup milk or soy milk
- 2 large scoops of orange sherbert
- 2 large scoops of vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1 ½ cups ice
- Add the liquids on the bottom first, then the solids and finally the ice.
- Use the pre-programmed smoothie button if you’re using a Blendtec. (sometimes I run it twice to get a creamier consistancy) If your using a household blender, blend until it’s a creamy smoothie.
- Poor in a fun glass with a straw and a piece of fruit for a garnish.