Pancakes with fresh strawberry sauce! Divinely delicious! So you get to cheat and use Bisquick or whatever your choice of instant pancake mix is. Take these would be ordinary pancakes and make them into something weekend worthy. Strawberries are still in season and can be found easily. So let’s make a homemade strawberry sauce…it’s so easy you can do it with your eyes closed! (okay, don’t try that since we’re using a stove and all)
1. wash and slice a basket of strawberries
2. squeeze fresh orange juice from a whole orange
3. heat the orange juice in a small sauce pan on medium heat and then add the strawberries stirring often (optional: add 1 tsp sugar or 1 tsp maple syrup to make it sweeter)
4. after about 4–5 minutes shut off the stove and blend the strawberries with an immersion blender (it you prefer a little chunky texture don’t blend too much)
5. pour strawberry sauce into a glass gravy boat or creamer and serve with pancakes immediately
–Don’t forget to sprinkle powdered sugar on top and maybe add some fresh mint to pretty your plate.
–If you’d really like to make it extra, extra special, serve mimosas too! mmmmmm…