Here is my latest idea on how to gift money other than stuffing an envelope with a check or cash. My co-worker was moving away (sob, sob) and it wasn’t practical to burden her with more “stuff” to have to move. There was no doubt in my mind money would be the best gift. I like to add a little whimsy when gifting dough. Since my co-worker is a serious chocoholic and moving away to college, I came up with the shadow box idea.
Supplies you will need:
- shadow box (can be found at most stores that carry frames such as Michaels, Target, etc…)
- chocolate or choice of treat your recipient would like
- small envelope to hold money
- four coins (pennies matched my decore best)
- paper to print “In Case Of Emergency Break Glass”
- safety glasses (can be found at Home Depot for a few bucks)
- glue gun
What to do:
- Hot glue your coins onto the envelope that you put your money in.
- Print out the “In Case Of Emergency Break Glass” onto your paper of choice, then cut it to fit the frame size.
- Hot glue your envelope and your chocolate bar onto the print out.
- Assemble inside the shadow box. From the back side I hot glued the frame shut so that she really would have to smash it open to get to the goods!
- Your done, wrap it up in a gift bag or box.