Whether we’re forced to cut back on our spending, or we are choosing too, we probably would still like to have a little bling now and then. I’m the type of girl who will wear $$$ jeans with a $5 Target t-shirt, while sporting my Jacki O sunglasses and holding my garage sale find handbag. I’m happy with what I love, not with who made it or where it comes from. (who it comes from is important though) That’s my fashion philosophy and I’m sticking to it!
Today I’m sharing one of my little jewelry secrets with you. For trendy, seasonal bling, one of my favorite places to shop is Forever 21. This is a clothing store, but they have some fabulous (& cheap) jewelry and accessories waiting to be found. Here are a few examples of what I’m loving right now…
From fashion forward feathers, to sparkles that will be-dazzle your LBD. (little black dress)
Bold and beautiful bracelets.
Instant glam with rings.
- Shop around at the high end stores to see what the latest trends and prices are. This will educate you so you can spot a true bargain.
- Shop estate sales for great vintage finds. You can repurpose clip-on earrings into necklaces. Just get a chain and string one of the earrings on it.
- Use inexpensive jewelry in place of a bow or ribbon when wrapping a gift.
Update your real jewelry:
- I have a great suggestion for updating some of your “real” jewelry. If you have a ring you that is gold, you can freshen it up by getting it covered in white gold. It changes the look completely and you’ll feel like it’s a new piece without spending a ton. (Nordstrom’s fine jewelry dept. at certain locations offers this service, along with most jewelers.)
- Re-think your pieces. Could you wear a ring on a chain to make it a necklace? Could your grandma’s old brooch be attached to a great headband? Maybe you have a necklace that could be doubled up and used as a bracelet. Get creative with what you already have, to give it new life.
- Maybe the best idea yet, share what you have with someone else. I had a ring that a friend of mine loved. Who says you can’t pay it forward with bling? Btw it looks fabulous on her!