Five things to do in San Diego under five bucks!
“Money doesn’t buy happiness.” I’d like to add “it doesn’t buy fun either”! (ok, maybe it does, haha, but it doesn’t have too) Here are some great ways to enjoy your weekend for under $5 in the San Diego area. Get inspired to spend more time with family and friends without breaking the bank. Whether you live in SD or not, get a little creative and search out fun things in your area to do. You might be surprised how many neat gems you find.
–Google your city name with words like, free, fun, weekend, entertainment, movies, music, etc…and you will find a ton of cool stuff. You might have to sift through the junk a little.
–Have a contest with your friends or family members (kids especially) to see who comes up with the best idea/option. Then you’ll have a stock pile for the summer!
1. San Diego Food Truck Festival At Liberty Station June 19th. Be sure to buy your ticket on my attached link for the $5 deal. For all you foodies this is a great way to sample San Diegos food truck craze…
2. Summer movies in the park is a family friendly venue that is completely free! Movies start at dusk so be sure to get there in plenty of time to set up your cozy blankets, chairs and picnic goodies.
3. Vital Climing Gym is a great way to get your boulder on! The first visit is free and shoe rental is $2. Warning: it is addictive so you may end up going all the time!
4. Keys Creek Lavender Farm in Valley Center give free tours. June is peak bloom so this is the perfect time to go! Times are at 10:30 and 1:30 every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It is a walking tour that circles the fields nearest the gift store. It includes a viewing of the distillery and a discussion on how we distill essential oil. We talk about the different types of lavender that we have on the property and the homeopathic benefits of lavender. The walk includes steps and slight inclines so it may not suitable for those with significant mobility restrictions. No reservations are required. We meet at the gift store and the tour takes approximately 30–40 minutes. Great place to take a family photo too!
5. CB Cupcake Shop in San Marcos is a cool little spot to “build your own” cupcake. You pick the cake, then the frosting and then the topping! It’s $3.50 for muffin size cupcake and $1.50 for a mini. Great for a date night or a treat for the little ones…
*Feel free to add your suggestions on my comments!